3433 Sport Performance Endurance Coach
You will focus on delivering exceptional customer service and enhancing the 3433 endurance community through the delivery of our endurance-based programs and services. These will include: customized coaching and endurance based registered programs. Your role will be to facilitate coaching sessions and/or programming to help our athletes reach, and where possible, exceed, their personal goals. Further, you will help promote various training programs and services that offer endurance athletes the latest in training techniques, motivation, nutritional advice and support.
Reports to: Sport Development Manager and the 3433 Sport Performance Technical Specialist
What’s In It for You:
- Free facility membership for you, plus a variety of free and discounted programs & services
- Performance based bonus program and an employee recognition program
- Professional Development assistance program available to support employee career growth.
- Annual staff events including BBQ’s, Corporate challenge, December holiday party and many more
- Free parking and close to transit with a C-train and bus stop steps away
- Help position Repsol Sport Centre & 3433 Sport Performance Centre as an industry leader in endurance training and coaching services.
- Provide technical expertise in one or more of the following sporting disciplines (swimming, cycling, running, weight training) specific to athletes’ needs.
- The passion to develop and grow a strong reputation and brand as a coach within group and individual coaching sessions.
- Provide a detailed class workout/training schedule for the duration of each program prior to program start date. To be submitted to the 3433 Sport Performance Technical Specialist at least 1 week before class start date.
- Preparation of a detailed training program for the duration of the training period purchased for Custom Coaching clients.
- Provide feedback, advice and consistent communication with clients in a professional manner.
- Administer the Customized Coaching Consultation forms and an initial personal consultation with all clients to determine training history, needs, goals, expectations and appropriate programs or services.
- Act as liaison between the client, other specialty services and other coaches for specific training purposes pertinent for the client.
- Provide a completed timesheet at least 1 day prior to payroll processing along with receipts to verify client payment.
- Be accountable for quarterly reviews of training programs provided to clients with 3433 Sport Performance Technical Specialist.
- Maintain technical standards: i.e. Par Q, Consent forms, Par Med Ex forms, Customized Consultation forms, customer evaluations, professional development credits for respective certifications.
- Take a proactive and collaborative role during monthly trainer staff meetings (in-services).
- Provide superior personalized customer service to internal and external customers (programs and services) as per the customer service modules.
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times (i.e. wear uniform and name tag at all times) all in compliance with Repsol Sports Centre’s uniform policy.
- Effectively communicate to clients, Sport Development Manager, 3433 Sport Performance Technical Specialist program coordinators, and other trainers.
- Provide clear and concise leadership to the group training programs (indoor cycling, swim, brick training and weight training programs and any future programs that may be offered).
- Maintain cleanliness of the 3433 Sport Performance Centre before and after training sessions (see specific list of duties provided by Sport Development Manager).
- Offer help in equipment set-up by participants and trouble shoot potential equipment issues prior to each training session.
- Be available to help work facility events such as the 10 Mile Triathlon and 3433 SPC athletic events (triathlons, running events, customer engagement events, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
Education / Certifications
- You have completed your post-secondary education in Kinesiology or physical education.
- Your athletic background in endurance sports along with current CPR, and First Aid Certification complements your education.
- You have a minimum of three years of personal training or coaching experience with a specific athletic or coaching focus.
- Applicants with athletic experience and/or areas of coaching expertise and any of the following certifications will be given preference; National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP), Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS), Certified Exercise Physiologist (CSEP-CEP) or other related fitness/coaching certification would be seen as an asset.
Experience & Skills
- You should have experience of training program prescription, test administration, results interpretation and teaching of appropriate skills in a safe and progressive manner
- Experience in delivering excellent customer service, communication, enthusiasm, and ability to motivate others.
- You have a professional manner and must be dependable.
- Proven record of accomplishment working independently and collaboratively in a team environment will ensure your success.
- This position requires hands on coaching, participation in leading group sessions as well as the following movements; bending, twisting, pulling, reaching, stretching, straining, kneeling, grasping, gripping, and frequent lifting of up to fifty pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds, and standing for long periods of time.
- Experience working with Microsoft office software (word, excel, and outlook) along with TrainingPeaks, Strava, Garmin Connect etc.
- You are a highly motivated team player with exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- 3433 Sport Performance Coach– Endurance Coach position will be paid on an hourly basis with the estimated range of 6-15 hours per week depending on coaches availability and program demand:
- Hours will range from 06:00 – 12:00 and 16:00 – 21:00 Monday – Friday and vary depending on the day and session offered.
- Weekend sessions are offered but with reduced hours
- This position will be coaching both groups of athletes and individual athletes.
The successful candidate should be aware of the non-compete requirements related to the role. Specifically the candidate may not directly solicit or entice, or attempt to solicit or entice, any Repsol Sport Centre customer or member for their own personal benefit unless a mutually beneficial agreement is created between the candidate and Repsol Sport Centre. This written arrangement would require approval from the Director of Sport prior to commencement. These non-compete requirements apply during the candidate’s term of employment as well as during the 24 months after employment ceases with Repsol Sport Centre.