3433 Sport Performance Trainer
Repsol Sport Centre is home to 3433 Sport Performance Centre (SPC or ‘the Department’). 3433 SPC is one of Calgary’s finest multi-sport training facilities that offers premium sport services to athletes of all abilities who are striving to achieve their desired individual goals. Initially started as a highly successful triathlon club, the scope of 3433 SPC’s services has expanded to cover all aspects, and combinations, of endurance swimming, cycling and running, strength and conditioning, and customized coaching to both Junior and Adult athletes. 3433 SPC is the only facility in the City of Calgary that offers these services under one roof.
Reports to: Sport Development Manager
What’s In It for You:
- Free facility membership for you, plus a variety of free and discounted programs & services
- Performance based bonus program and an employee recognition program
- Professional Development assistance program available to support employee career growth.
- Annual staff events including BBQ’s, Corporate challenge, December holiday party and many more
- Free parking and close to transit with a C-train and bus stop steps away
- Position Repsol Sports Centre and the 3433 Sport Performance Department as the industry leader in technical strength and conditioning.
- Administer an initial consultation with all clients to determine needs and program goals.
- Provide technical strength and conditioning expertise specific to sport partners’ needs.
- Facilitate and implement the strength & conditioning YTP’s (Yearly Training Plans).
- Professionalism and accountability for quarterly reviews of strength and conditioning programs.
- Ensure clients are practicing proper mechanics.
- Maintain technical standards: i.e. Par Q, Consent forms, Par Med Ex forms, customer evaluations.
- Liaise with other trainers to gain insight on providing the best programs for clients.
- Provide superior personalized customer service to internal and external customers.
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times (i.e. wear uniform and name tag at all times).
- Handle and report to the Sport Development Manager any problems, concerns or emergencies that arise during your sessions.
- Exercise safety awareness and practices.
- Set-up and take down of equipment to ensure your training sessions are ready.
- Follow and enforce all policies, rules and regulations while maintaining a friendly and professional attitude.
- Promptly complete administrative tasks related to tracking client sessions, collecting payments, and payroll processing.
- Sessions include: weekends, early mornings, mid-day and evenings
- Attend In-services and meetings with supervisors or clients as requested. The successful candidate should be aware of the non-compete requirements related to the role. Specifically, the candidate may not directly solicit or entice, or attempt to solicit or entice, any Repsol Sport Centre customer or member for their own personal benefit unless a mutually beneficial agreement has been created between the candidate and Repsol Sport Centre. This written arrangement would require approval from the Director of Sport prior to commencement. These non-compete requirements apply during the candidate’s term of employment as well as during the 24 months after employment ceases with Repsol Sport Centre.
Education / Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology, Movement Science or related field. Consideration may be given to candidates holding a PFT diploma with completion of two alternate certifications, one being internationally recognized
- CPR C (recertified within one year) and Standard First Aid (recertified within 2 years) – required before employment can commence.
- Applicants who have had success with sports teams and high performance will be given preference.
- Additional certifications and evidence of continuing education are an asset (for example):
- CSEP – Certified Personal Trainer or CSEP – Certified Exercise Physiologist
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- NCCP Olympic Weightlifting, Kettlebell, TRX, Injury Rehabilitation
- Function Movement Systems certification
Experience & Skills
- Minimum of four years experience training with a background in sports and performance.
- Minimum of two years working with developmental athletes or past experience as a competitive athlete yourself.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- High energy level and enjoy working in a fast paced, challenging and changing environment.
- Patient, enthusiastic and motivating.
- Experience may assist lower formal education through additional certifications and experience as an athlete.
- Ability to work effectively with the public in a courteous, efficient and professional manner.
- The ability to work flexible hours (early mornings, evenings, weekends).
- Your proven record of accomplishment working independently and in a team environment will ensure your success.
- This position requires bending, twisting, pulling, reaching, stretching, straining, kneeling, grasping, gripping, frequent lifting of up to fifty pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds, and standing for long periods.
- Experience working with Microsoft office software (word, excel, and outlook).
- All candidates must be Permanent Residents of Canada and/or Canadian Citizens.
- A police check will be a condition of employment