Aquatic Operations Coordinator
As an integral part of the Aquatics team, the Aquatic Operations Coordinator is responsible for providing both operational and strategic leadership for our lifeguard team members and ensuring legendary service and safety standards are met for each and every customer. The Aquatic Operations Coordinator will plan, organize, and schedule day to day guarding requirements and activities within the aquatics facility.
Reports to: Aquatic Operations Manager
What’s In It for You:
- Free facility membership plus a variety of free and discounted programs & services
- Performance based bonus program and an employee recognition program
- Professional Development assistance program available to support employee career growth.
- Annual staff events including BBQ’s, Corporate challenge, Holiday party and many more
- Free parking and close to transit with a C-train and bus stop steps away
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for shift coverage. Specifically, scheduling team members to cover vacancies in RecStaff.
- Maintain a database for all aquatic staff which lists their certifications, expiration date and certification date. Ensure all team members are current and up to date and appropriate training has been organized internally or externally.
- On a weekly basis update inventory and equipment maintenance tracking. Working with the Aquatic Operations Manager, purchase equipment as required (ex. Pool buoys, flutter boards, flippers, etc).
- Update and maintain training manuals and assist with creation and updating of policies and procedures.
- Prepare and maintain appropriate activity reports and administration; including but not limited to: Daily Stats, Reports, Independent and Team Projects, registration reports, customer survey’s.
- Responsible for providing appropriate documentation and communication to the Aquatic Programs Manager regarding the aquatic environment and overall team functioning.
- Any other administrative duties as assigned
- Actively engage and provide legendary service to members and customers.
- Support and create an environment where guards actively engage with customers and provide value ad opportunities.
- Promote and market Aquatic Activities; interact with customers, promote additional or specific programs/services based on customer need and value.
- Assist both our internal and external customers by providing prompt, sincere, and professional responses to questions and concerns that arise; striving to exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Empower employees to handle customer complaints by providing a customer centric environment.
- Ensure the schedule spaces are accurately reflected in the pools. Should there be the need to close a pool, support and empower the Aquatic Shift Leaders to enact the one pool allocation.
Team building/daily team support
- Support the vision and direction of Repsol Sport Centre and the Aquatic Management Team by providing clear communication and documentation to the team while modeling expected behaviors related to performance and RSC mission, visions and values.
- Provide coaching and mentoring employees on daily duties and customer interactions creating a culture of empowerment and Legendary Service.
- Support the Aquatic Operations Manager with team performance including goal setting, annual and probationary reviews, and performance tracking.
- Establish solid working relationships within the team and other departments to ensure a cohesive working environment.
- Backfill for frontline team members as required (Lifeguard role or Aquatic Shift Lead role) and the Aquatic Operations Manager during their absence.
- Attend Leadership and In-service training when required.
- Provide on deck leadership for guard teams up to 16 individuals at one time.
- Support The Aquatic Shift Leads with Shift Management; which includes providing direction for pool set ups, maintenance, and breaks to ensure efficient and effective operations in the Aquatic facility.
- Attend scheduled meetings and one-on-ones as required by Aquatic Programs Manager.
- Act immediately and appropriately to secure safety of customers in the event of an emergency.
- Provide emergency care and treatment as required until arrival of emergency medical services.
- Act as a key information source by providing consistent messages and communication amongst the Lifeguard team.
Planning and Organizing
- Identify key areas of service enhancement within the aquatic environment.
- Attend promotional opportunities as needed, acting as a representative of Repsol Sport Centre.
- Understand and apply all safety and emergency procedures to ensure a collective, streamlined and successful execution and ensure team is trained recurrently on procedures.
- Working with the Aquatic Operations Manager, organize, plan and facilitate the annual aquatic training plan which includes up to 12 in-services per year.
What You Need:
- A minimum of three years of experience in a coordinator/programming or supervisory aquatics role including demonstrated experience supervising a team of a moderate to large size (at least 12 people).
- Current certifications in CPR Level C, Standard First Aid are required
- CPR Level C certified within the last year
- Standard First Aid recertified within the last 2 years
- Maintain a level of fitness necessary to fulfill the practical elements of Lifeguarding.
- Ambitious, driven, accountable, who thrives in a dynamic environment and who is willing to go above and beyond for our customers.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Able to deal with conflict diplomatically and in a calm manner. A high sense of urgency, ability to think clearly while handling multiple priorities within the daily operations or in emergency situations.
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills as well as ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Strong customer engagement skills (public relations and interpersonal skills), in a clear and appropriate communication style (both verbal and written), strong problem solving techniques, and sound judgment.
- Previous experience using the Intellegenz system or a like program (eg. CLASS), Microsoft Word and Excel is considered an asset
- Preference will be given to candidates with the additional certifications in coaching, leadership and/or conflict resolution.