On-Call Boxing Bootcamp Instructor
Reports to: Group Fitness, & Programs & Manager
What’s In It for You:
- Starting salary/wage range based on skills and experience
- Free facility membership plus a variety of free and discounted programs & services
- Performance based bonus program and an employee recognition program
- After successful completion of probationary term, eligibility for our RRSP employer matching Program and our flexible benefits package
- Professional Development assistance program available to support employee career growth.
- Annual staff events including BBQ’s, Corporate challenge, December holiday party and many more
- Free parking and close to transit with a C-train and bus stop steps away
What You’ll Do:
- Be a spokesperson for Repsol Sport Centre and present yourself in a positive manner by leading participants in effective and well-planned classes
- Make your participant’s experience a priority in each and every class by providing exceptional customer service
- Make yourself available before (min 15 minutes) and after each class to answer questions or concerns
- Facilitate the class in a positive manner by making your interactions fun & personable
- Engage in the participants throughout the class by offering encouragement & motivation
- Take initiative to set up & take down of the equipment for your classes including steps, risers, mats, weights and stereo systems
- Build positive working relationships with other departments in the facility including the Customer Service Representatives and Fitness Consultants.
- Ensure that you prepare yourself for each new release and are fully competent in facilitating the release by deadlines outlined by the Group Fitness, & Programs Manager
- Play an active role as a member of the Group Power Team by taking part in Group Power Launches, Training Sessions, Workshops and more.
- Assist the Group Fitness, & Programs Manager with the evaluation of the program by providing feedback and recommendations for class/program improvement
- Handle and report to the Group Fitness, & Programs Manager any problems, concerns or emergencies that arise during your classes
- Exercise safety awareness and practices
- Secure a substitute when unable to work assigned class and report changes to the supervisor
- Follow and enforce all policies, rules and regulations while maintaining a friendly and professional attitude
What You Need:
Education / Certifications
- Boxing Experience either coaching or teaching
- CPR C (recertified within one year) and Standard First Aid (recertified within 2 years) – required before employment can commence.
- Can-Fit Pro FIS or AFLCA Theory and Group Fitness or Coaching designation
Experience & Skills
- Minimum of one year experience in instructing a Group Fitness Class is essential
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- High energy level and enjoy working in a fast paced, challenging and changing environment.
- Patient, enthusiastic and motivating.
- Proven track record working independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively with the public in a courteous, efficient and professional manner.