On-Call Deep Water Instructor
We are currently seeking a fun, inspirational and energetic On-Call Deep Water Instructor to join our dynamic Programs & Services Team and lead fitness classes at Repsol Sport Centre.
Reports to: Group Fitness, & Programs & Manager
What’s In It for You:
- Hours of Deep Water are Monday, Wednesday and Friday 10:30-11:30
- Free facility membership for you, plus a variety of free and discounted programs & services
- Performance based bonus program and an employee recognition program
- Professional Development assistance program available to support employee career growth.
- Annual staff events including BBQ’s, Corporate challenge, December holiday party and many more
- Free parking and close to transit with a C-train and bus stop steps away
What You’ll Do:
- Ensure you put the customer/ participants first in your classes and are there before and after your class to answer any questions
- Assist in the development and implementation of the Deep Water based fitness programs
- Be a spokesperson for Talisman Centre and present yourself in a positive manner by leading participants in effective and well-planned classes
- Be able to cover other Deep Water Instructors when they are unable to teach their class
- Instruct classes in specific areas of expertise and follow program content of each class
- Assist the Manager with the evaluation of the program by providing feedback and recommendations for class/program improvement
- Handle and report to the Manager any problems, concerns or emergencies that arise during your classes
- Exercise safety awareness and practices
- Set-up and take down of equipment to ensure your class is ready
- Secure a substitute when unable to work assigned class and report changes to the supervisor
- Follow and enforce all policies, rules and regulations while maintaining a friendly and professional attitude
What You Need:
Education / Certifications
- Program specific training and experience
- CALA of AFLCA water designation
- CanFit Pro or AFLCA Group Theory Designation
- CPR C/AED (recertified within one year) and Standard First Aid (recertified within 2 years) – required before employment can commence.
- You completed or working towards the completion of your post-secondary education – preference may be given to Physical Education, Human Kinetic or Kinesiology related programs is an asset
Experience & Skills
- Minimum of one year experience in instructing Deep Water classes
- Experience facilitating Deep Water classes.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- High energy level and enjoy working in a fast paced, challenging and changing environment.
- Patient, enthusiastic and motivating.
- Proven track record working independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively with the public in a courteous, efficient and professional manner.