Competition & Event Assistant (Part Time)
Reports to: Competition & Event Coordinator and Sport Services Manager
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
- Free facility membership plus a variety of free and discounted programs & services
- Performance based bonus program and an employee recognition program
- Professional Development assistance program available to support employee career growth.
- Annual staff events including BBQ’s, Corporate challenge, Holiday party and many more
- Free parking and close to transit with a C-train and bus stop steps away
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- In collaboration with the Competition and Event Coordinator, establish solid working relationships within the team and other departments to ensure a cohesive working environment in regards to events and competitions.
- Represent Repsol Sport Centre as the primary event contact as required; this includes the ability to work weekends and some weekdays and holidays as per the event schedule.
- Maintain a detailed understanding of the event package prior to the start of the event.
- Provide support when needed leading up to an event day as requested by the Competition and Event Coordinator; this may include but is not limited to assisting with event preparation communication with event organizers, gathering logistical details, providing organizers with barcodes, updated event contract quotes, on-floor event setup, and receiving of deliveries.
- Ability to field and problem solve various last minute event requests on behalf of the Sport Services Department.
- Attend and actively participate in all required meetings with the Competition and Event Coordinator.
- Troubleshoot operational challenges and provide exceptional service within the department & outside of the department.
- Act as a key information source by providing the Competition and Event Coordinator with customer feedback, system enhancements, conflict resolution, training and development needs, and on-going quality improvement.
- Support implementation of event process and policies.
- Report accident and incident reports to the Health and Safety Coordinator.
- Keep reports on successes and opportunities to improve future events.
- Oversee equipment inventory during an event.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Assist both internal and external customers by proving prompt, sincere, and professional responses to questions and concerns that arise; striving to exceed customer expectations.
- Understand and apply all Safety and Emergency procedures to ensure a collective, streamlined and successful evacuation plan.
- Be an effective public relations person for Repsol Sport Centre and communicate effectively and courteously with staff, public and user groups.
- Must possess a proven ability to establish and maintain an environment of trust and empowerment, build working relationships, delegate, coordinate and monitor work, lead by example, plan and organize and work through conflict.
- Must be a high-energy, ambitious and driven individual who thrives in a dynamic environment.
- The ability to work some rotational shifts as necessary to support the business needs and team (Evenings & Weekends)
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) that allow you to adapt to a variety of stakeholders and ability to manage relationships at all levels.
- Proficient with Microsoft products (Word, Excel, and Outlook), a working knowledge of word processing and data base software and have the ability to navigate the web.
- High attention to detail and the ability to proactively look for potential operational challenges with the schedules, training times and other daily operational tasks and take initiative in a solution based approach to solve and mitigate the challenges.
- Previous experience using the Intelligenz Solutions system is an asset.
- Able to take personal responsibility and accountability for delivering on commitments, ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities and an appreciation for customer service excellence are critical for success.
- Proven track record of taking initiative and working independently and in a team environment.
- Ideal candidate has a sense of urgency to their responsibilities and professionalism, is ambitious, driven and sets a high standard for themselves. An organized individual who thrives in a dynamic, high achieving environment and is willing to work evenings & weekends due to the demands of the business in our facility.
- Working on or have completed post-secondary education – preference may be given to those pursuing post-secondary education in Sport Administration, Event Management or related programs.
- CPR C/AED (recertified within one year) and Standard First Aid (recertified within 2 years) – required before employment can commence.
- 2-3 years of experience in an administrative position within a sport/event environment.
- Proven track record for working independently and in a team environment will ensure success in this position.