Duty Manager - On Call
As a member of the Facility Operations Team, you will oversee the day-to-day operations of Repsol Sport Centre to ensure issues of security, safety, and daily operations are being met.
Reports to: Facility Operations Manager & Safety Officer
What’s In It for You
- Free facility membership for you, plus a variety of free and discounted programs & services
- Performance based bonus program and an employee recognition program
- Professional Development assistance program available to support employee career growth.
- Annual staff events including BBQ’s, Corporate challenge, December holiday party and many more
- Free parking and close to transit with a C-train and bus stop steps away
What You’ll Do
- This position requires evening, weekend & holiday availability and the ability to back-fill for other DM’s when needed
- Ensuring the building “readiness” and employee performance for daily operations including but not limited to: proper coordination of frontline staff, bookings, cleanliness, set-ups, customer engagement
- Audit the facility function areas during each shift and prepare daily summary reports
- Assist and support staff with customer issues
- Accommodate customer needs
- Redeploy employees and facility space as necessary
- Be a resource and role model for staff
- Nightly update of website schedules.
- Enter all report data into the database
- Work on special projects that contribute to the operations of the Repsol Sport Centre
Safety & Security
- Lead in the event of a major emergency
- Ensure accident, incident and theft report forms are completed and provide necessary follow up as required
- Provide security for all locker rooms
- Lead in the removal of difficult customers
- Recommending policy and procedures to ensure efficiency and safety of daily operations
- Duties as delegated by the Operations Manager and Safety Officer for Risk Management including, but not limited to liaison with City of Calgary, Calgary Police Services, Emergency Services and providing recommendations for improvement
What You Need
- You are enrolled in or have completed your post-secondary education in Business Administration, Communication, Criminology or a related field. (Preference may be given to those with additional training or qualifications in Workplace Health & Safety)
- Minimum of two years of experience in a supervisory role.
- Attention to detail, ability to prioritize multiple tasks, and dependability are required for this position.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office is necessary.
- Strong communication skills, initiative to solve problems in a creative manner will allow you to excel in this position. Taking personal responsibility for delivering on commitments, the ability to respond to changing circumstances, strong conflict resolution skills, and superior customer service will ensure your success.
- Certification in CPR Level C, First Aid is required prior to employment and O2 certification is required within 3 months of starting date.