Fitness Consultant – Part Time
Reports to: Fitness Centre & Training Manager
What’s In It for You:
- Part time position, shifts include: Evenings and Weekends Only
- Full-time position, shifts include: Mornings, Evenings and Weekends
- Starting wage range: $15.00 to $18.50 per hour depending on education/certification and experience
- Free facility membership for you, plus a variety of free and discounted programs & services
- Performance based bonus program and an employee recognition program
- Professional Development assistance program available to support employee career growth.
- Annual staff events including BBQ’s, Corporate challenge, December holiday party and many more
- Free parking and close to transit with a C-train and bus stop steps away
What You’ll Do:
- Provide personalized and professional customer service in person and on the phone
- Provide Fitness Centre orientations to potential and first time customers
- Respond to general customer inquiries about fitness and the facilities
- General maintenance, upkeep and tidiness of the Fitness Centre area
- Maintain safety standards
- Handle immediate first aid needs
- Clean fitness equipment as outlined
- Educate customers and enforce Dryland rules
- Provide spotting support to customers
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times
- Special projects as assigned
- Provide support for special events as required
- Provide support to Duty Managers for security within the facility and parking lot
What You Need:
Education / Certifications
- Working towards or have completed a post-secondary education in Kinesiology or a related degree or diploma.
- CPR C (recertified within one year) and Standard First Aid (recertified within 3 years) – required before employment can commence.
- At least one form of exercise certification (e.g. Alberta Fitness Leadership Certification, Can-Fit-Pro).
- Knowledge of fitness and ability to instruct and educate in a respectful manner, along with excellent customer service, communication, problem solving, and ability to deal with conflict in a diplomatic manner will help ensure your success.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) and CLASS registration software.
- A proven track record working independently and in a team environment is an asset.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs and assist in moving heavy sports equipment