Group Fitness & Programs Coordinator
Reports to: Group Fitness and Programs Manager
As an integral part of Group Fitness and Programs Team, the Group Fitness and Programs Coordinator is responsible for providing operational support and leadership for our talented team of Group Fitness, Childcare, Preschool and Registered Programs Team members. Legendary Service, Safety, Excellence and Innovation are key requirements of the role. The Coordinator is an energetic team builder who inspires a high level of performance and has the capability to implement changes based on business needs while ensuring a legendary experience for our customers.
This role is 20 hours per week Monday through Friday. The days of the week have some flexibility, and one day per weekend. (Note: occasionally the successful applicant may be required to work both days on the weekend due to events).
What’s In It for You:
- Starting wage range based on skills and experience
- Free facility membership plus a variety of free and discounted programs & services
- Performance based bonus program and an employee recognition program
- After successful completion of probationary term, eligibility for our RRSP employer matching Program and our flexible benefits package
- Professional Development assistance program available to support employee career growth.
- Annual staff events including BBQ’s, Corporate challenge, holiday party and many more
- Free parking and close to transit with a C-train and bus stop steps away
What You’ll Do:
- Supervise and coach front line team members to ensure all daily tasks are accomplished in a consistent and timely manner.
- Ensure policy and procedures are adhered to.
- Backfill for frontline team members, in the role of Preschool Teacher, Childcare Attendant, Group Fitness Instructor or facilitator for one of our registered programs.
- Assist and support members with daily responsibilities, provide troubleshooting assistance and be a problem solver when required. (Examples may include, but are not limited to: mics, stereos, checking people in from the app.).
- Assist team members in making empowered decisions which will meet and/or exceed the customer’s expectations.
- Ensure the departments Team Charter expectations and standards are maintained by team and provide support as necessary.
- Lead & assist the team with the execution of department Emergency Procedures.
- Identify staff concerns in a timely manner and discuss the issues and solutions with the manager.
- Assist the manager with recruitment and selection of new employees.
- Train new team members on specific shift tasks, department and facility policies, usage of the organizations app, facility tours, and interdepartmental tasks.
- Assist with providing ongoing procedural training refreshers for team members.
- Assist with the facilitation of emergency and safety procedures training for all team members.
- Liaise with other departments for understanding and awareness of how teams collaborate.
- Responsible for updating the department schedule using the website app, and sending out updates on schedule changes to the appropriate channels.
- Adhere to facility wide alerts, communications procedures, and radio communications and ensure team members act accordingly.
- Assist with bi-weekly payroll.
- Statistical analysis which includes collection, compiling, and sharing with the manager.
- Identify and communicate certification deadlines to staff to ensure compliance, and collect documentation when required.
- Assist with budget analysis.
- Assist with compiling the departmental reports.
- Assist with reviews, performance planning, and performance management as outlined by the manager.
- Assist with planning and executing team in-services.
- Responsible for bench marking and research on new initiatives as assigned.
- Participate in weekly meeting with Managers and any special committees or meetings as assigned.
- Responsible for inventory, reconciliations, and supporting the manager with selling of group fitness equipment.
- Responsible for obtaining quotes on new equipment and assisting with ordering of both new and replacement items and/or parts.
- Respond to customer comment cards; provide feedback to Manager weekly.
What You Need:
Education / Certifications
- AFLCA or canfitpro Certification, along with other specialty certification, NCCP, CSEP etc., is considered an asset.
- Minimum Level 1 Childcare Certification.
- Preference given to candidates with 2 years of experience in a leadership role excellent teamwork and problem solving skills is required.
- The ability to work independently, with little supervision, in a fast paced environment is critical.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) that allow adaptability to a variety of stakeholders.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Previous experience using the Intellegenze system is considered an asset.