Human Resources Coordinator / Payroll Administrator
Role: As a key member of the Human Resources department, the Human Resources Coordinator will be responsible for supporting Repsol Sport Centre employees on a comprehensive range of Human Resource functions.
Reports to: Human Resource Director
- Provide information and advice to employees and people leaders on interpretation of policies and programs.
- Remain current on provincial employment standards legislation and human rights legislation.
- Data collection, report preparation, analysis and management for Human Resources Department.
- Assist with the research, planning and execution of various HR initiatives.
- Participate in special projects as assigned.
- Act as the primary Payroll & Benefits Administrator using Ceridian HPL and Time Solutions for 250-300 salaried and hourly employees, while auditing payroll processing reports for accuracy.
- Entering of new hires, employee changes and voluntary deductions in the payroll system.
- Processing of reports of manual checks such as terminations and other payroll discrepancies.
- Prepare and process hourly and salaried bi-weekly payrolls.
- Calculate new hire pay, termination pay and required adjustment to normal pay.
- Processing stop payments or adjustments of payroll.
- Ensure that computing, withholding, and deductions are done correctly.
- Understanding the Alberta labour laws around stat pay.
- Maintain detailed records and documentation of payroll functions for audit purposes, in accordance with statutory requirements. Responsible for ongoing review and maintenance of payroll and benefit controls and recommending changes where required.
- Prepare forms as needed such as records of employment, income tax forms, and remittances.
- Responsible for coordination of all year-end procedures required including T4’s in partnership with Ceridian.
- Implement salary increases, bonuses, changes to RRSP and vacation thresholds, and so on in accordance with instructions given including preparation of templates for HR team usage.
- Assist the Finance department with the reconciliation of GL accounts and payroll journal entries as required
Recruitment & Selection
- Provide information, advice, direction and support to people leaders regarding recruiting issues and procedures.
- Attend or host career fairs as necessary to support recruiting efforts.
- Assist with the preparation and up-dating of job descriptions and any new job descriptions in conjunction with organization standards.
- Develop and coordinate internal / external recruiting advertisements and liaise with external advertising sources on job posting items.
- Review and shortlisting of resumes, organize and participate on interview panels, assist with or conduct pre-screening and reference checks, development of interview guides and offer generation. Ensures recruitment process flows in an efficient and timely fashion.
- Preparation of offer letters, welcome packages, police check processes and personnel files.
- Conduct employee orientation sessions and coordinate with hiring manager and health and safety coordinator to ensure full orientation session is completed for each employee.
Compensation & Benefits
- Administer Employee Recognition Program, including validation process, distributing award points or gift certificates and award communication.
- Ensure compliance with Repsol Sport Centre’s code of conduct, employment legislation, human rights legislation and company human resources policies.
Learning & Development
- Assist HR Director with identifying training needs in conjunction with people leaders and recommend solutions and courses offered internally and by external sources.
- Facilitate training sessions/programs/lunch and learns.
- Coordinate/prepare for training events, including: employee communication and registration process, booking rooms, room set-up, audio visual set-up, catering coordination and set up, and preparation of course training materials (including photocopying, printing and assembly).
- Filing, scanning paperwork.
- Assist with uniform distribution.
- Conduct exit interviews for all employee initiated departures.
- Administer annual employee perspective surveys including subsequent reporting.
- Maintain accurate, up to date and complete personnel records.
- Attend local HR training sessions (ex. employment law seminars) and HR round table meetings (not for profit and sport & recreation) as per the Director.
- Other duties as assigned
- You are a high-energy individual who thrives in a dynamic environment.
- Preference given to those who have completed a Business degree/college diploma with a Human Resources specialization or equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Proficiency with payroll and HR systems. Preference will be given to those who have experience with Ceridian HPL and Ceridian Time Solutions.
- Ability to prepare ad hoc reports using Microsoft Excel.
- Must be able to handle confidential information in an ethical and professional manner.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy. Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
Key skills for this position include:
- A practical common sense approach with a commitment to quality results, attention to detail, the ability to prioritize multiple tasks, and be able to take a balance approach to problem solving.
- An appreciation of fun in the workplace and a sense of humor are both essential as we like to have fun while we work.
- Proficiency with Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) is a given and you must possess strong communication skills (both verbal and written) and a demonstrated ability to actively listen as this will allow you to adapt to individuals across all levels of the organization and situations as needed to provide strong, quality advice.
- Your initiative to solve problems in a creative and balanced manner will allow you to excel in this position.
- Taking personal responsibility for delivering on commitments, ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities; general knowledge of human programs and resources, and the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality will ensure your success.
- Your proven track record in working independently and in a team environment is an asset to the work you will do.