Human Resources Director
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
- Lead the implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and development of the company’s HR strategies and procedures (ex. succession planning, talent management, performance management systems, leadership model and training, facility wide customer service training, total rewards – compensation and benefits, recruitment activities, employee survey and all other fundamental HR best practices, policies and procedures).
- Develop HR portion of the business plan, budget and strategies.
- Develop, implement, and monitor operational processes and procedures to ensure attainment of business plans, budgets, established timeframes and departmental improvements.
- Provide leadership and direction to the HR Team (HR Advisors and Payroll & Benefits) including hiring, training, mentoring, coaching, and performance management.
- Ensure that all relevant policies, procedures, practices, processes, and systems meet corporate standards and comply with applicable legislation and are consistent with industry norms.
- Oversight and management of all legal employment issues.
- Oversight of the payroll and benefits function and processes.
- Promote continuous corporate improvement, including personal and organizational goals to develop leadership capacity.
- Organize the training of employees in order to ensure workforce flexibility and skills improvement.
- Recommend new policies and procedures to effect company improvements and organizational efficiencies.
- Review existing and forthcoming legislation to determine HR impact on the organization; make recommendations regarding legislation.
- Contribute to organizational strategy and policy development.
- Responsible to actively monitor and question business practices, with the ultimate goal of ensuring the ongoing protection of the Society.
- Function within a strategic and policy framework established by the CEO and the Board.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Be an effective public relations person for Repsol Sport Centre and communicate effectively and courteously with staff, public, board members and sport partners.
- Be an effective, contributing member of the Senior Leadership Team.
- Be accountable to each member of the Senior Leadership Team.
- Actively contribute to facility-wide teamwork and collaboration.
- Act as Facility Supervisor on designated shifts.
- Ensure facility-wide safety and emergency procedures are followed.
- Build relationships with senior level HR leaders of like facilities to share information and gather competitive intelligence
- Senior Leadership Team Meetings
- Calgary HR Not for Profit Group
- Calgary Sport and Rec Group
Prior Work Experience
Specialized Skills and Knowledge
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrates expertise in providing organizational and department leadership.
- Financial acumen to make sound business decisions and to provide accurate and detailed financial information.
- Proactive - ability to analyze and anticipate problems before they present themselves.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Highly effective project management, prioritization, multi-tasking and time management skills
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy including solid negotiation, conflict resolution and people management skills.
- Knowledge of HRIS/Payroll systems will be an asset
- Flexible & comprehensive group benefits package including extended health, dental, an employee & family assistance plan, short & long term disability, and life insurance
- Paid personal days, sick days and generous vacation allotment
- Matching group RRSP program based on years of service
- Annual performance based bonus program
- Support for professional development and professional dues including access to internal training and certification opportunities
- Free facility membership, employee locker room, plus access to discounted rates for programs & services
- Free on-site parking and a close location to Calgary transit
- Company Sponsored Events: We purposefully create opportunities to bring our staff together including our annual holiday party, participation in Calgary Corporate Challenge, and a variety of smaller events such as staff BBQ’s, themed dinners, staff only classes etc. We are known for fun!