Reports to: Aquatic Operations Manager
What’s In It for You
- Free facility membership plus a variety of free and discounted programs & services
- Performance based bonus program and an employee recognition program
- After successful completion of probationary term, eligibility for our RRSP employer matching Program and our flexible benefits package
- Professional Development assistance program available to support employee career growth.
- Annual staff events including BBQ’s, Corporate challenge, December holiday party and many more
- Free parking and close to transit with a C-train and bus stop steps away
What You’ll Do
- Use active guarding techniques; including roaming, scanning and bind spot checks
- Respond quickly and efficiently to secure safety of customers in the event of an emergency
- Provide emergency care and stabilization of Customers required until arrival of Emergency medical services
- Present a professional appearance and attitude at all times
- Maintain a high standard of Customer engagement
- Attend and participate in ongoing training and development opportunities
- Perform various maintenance duties to maintain a clean and safe facility, ensuring the Pool deck looks appealing to our Customers at all times
- Assist fellow Aquatic Lifeguards with Pool set-ups, take-downs
- Ability to put away and set up weights in the Aquatic Sport Partner Training Zone
- Prepare and maintain appropriate activity reports and administration
- Handle or refer programs and situations as they arise in the facility.
What You Need
- A strong work ethic and initiative relating to continuous improvement
- Looking for seasoned, professional Lifeguards with a minimum 2 years of Lifeguarding experience
- Demonstrated leadership capacity
- Knowledge of Aquatic sports and programs
- Excellent customer engagement, communication, problem solving, judgment, skill in the application of life guarding surveillance and rescue techniques, and the ability to deal with conflict diplomatically will help ensure your success
- Your proven track record working independently and in a team environment is an asset. Experience with competitive lifeguarding/lifesaving an asset
- Dedicated and reliable with a strong commitment to teamwork
- Strong public relations and excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- A high sense of urgency, ability to think clearly while handling multiple priorities in emergency situations
- Maintain a level of fitness necessary to fulfill the practical elements of Lifeguarding
- First Aid / Certification in CPR Level C
- National Lifeguarding
Physical Requirements and Safety
- While performing the essential functions of this job, some tasks involve the ability to exert very moderate physical effort, typically involving some combination of standing, standing at a height, sitting, sitting at a height, crouching, walking, climbing, swimming, performing work while wet and/or performing the aforementioned tasks for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift a minimum of 30 LBS when required.
- Emergency tasks and regular staff training events involve the performance of physically demanding work, which may involve some combination of running, climbing and/or swimming and may involve lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling heavy objects including distressed persons on land or in the water, including performing work while wet and/or performing the above tasks for extended periods of time.
- Safe lifting, bending, carrying and rescue techniques and the use of a rescue aid in the water and the coordination of rescue with a second rescuer and rescue aids in the water, when possible, are required. The successful candidate will be required to complete a Technical skills assessment portion of the Recruitment process; this includes but is not limited to: Refresher of NL standards, timed swim, brick carry, and Lesson Plan development and execution.