Male Custodial (On-Call)
Reports to: Facilities Operations/Services Manager
What’s In It for You
- Starting wage range of: $14.50 to $16.00
- Free facility membership for you, plus a variety of free and discounted programs & services
- Employee recognition program
- Professional Development assistance program available to support employee career growth.
- Annual staff events including BBQ’s, Corporate challenge, December holiday party and many more
- Free parking and close to transit with a C-train and bus stop steps away
What You’ll Do
- Perform a variety of basic custodial functions following established standards for cleanliness and safety. Duties may include but are not limited to: scrubbing, cleaning, and sanitizing male washrooms, shower facilities, meeting rooms, offices, male locker rooms, gyms, and the cafeteria; replenishing lavatory supplies, removing trash, and emptying waste baskets; sweeping, vacuuming, mopping and buffing floors; cleaning windows, walls, fans, and light fixtures; dusting, etc.
- Operate various cleaning machines (e.g., wet and dry vacuums, auto scrubber)
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly duties as outlined on duty list
- Maintain a clean and orderly supply closet
- Use appropriate cleaning products in appropriate areas
- Handle all products safely and reading MSDS sheets prior to using any new products
- Respond to custodial inquiries
- Submit work requests upon discovering items needing repair
- Interact and communicate with the immediate supervisor, co-workers, employees, and customers
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times
- Check email on a daily basis
- Check the day sheets on a daily basis and plan duties around the daily schedule
- Utilize the radio to communicate to RSC staff
- A Male Custodian as a supporting staff member who does not have regular shifts.
- This person would primarily work during special events and for vacation coverage.
- During slow business periods this person would tackle special cleaning projects.
What You Need
- 1-2 years of related experience
- Ability to read, write, and accurately follow verbal or written instructions in English
- Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel experience an asset
- Basic CPR, First Aid and WHMIS would be an asset
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the job including standing for an extended period of time, walking, lifting, grasping, talking, listening, and performing repetitive motions
- Must be a male to fulfill the tasks within this role.