Pilates Flex Instructor (On-Call)
Must have availability Saturday 10:30am –11:30am Wednesday and Friday
Reports to: Group Fitness & Programs Manager
What’s In It for You:
- Free facility membership plus a variety of free and discounted programs & services
- Flexible work schedule
- Employee recognition program
- Professional Development assistance program available to support employee career growth.
- Annual staff events including BBQ’s, Corporate challenge, December holiday party and many more
- Free parking and close to transit with a C-train and bus stop steps away
What You’ll Do:
- Ensure that participants are a priority in your classes by making yourself available before ( a minimum of 15 minutes) and after your class to answer any questions
- Assist in the development and implementation of the Pilates classes
- Be a spokesperson for Talisman Centre and present yourself in a positive manner by leading participants in effective and well-planned classes
- Be available to cover the Pilates classes for other instructors when they are unavailable to teach.
- Instruct classes in specific areas of expertise and follow program content of each class
- Assist the Group Fitness, Programs & Services Manager with the evaluation of the program by providing feedback and recommendations for class/program improvement
- Handle and report to the Group Fitness, & Programs Manager any problems, concerns or emergencies that arise during your classes
- Exercise safety awareness and practices
- Set-up and take down of equipment to ensure your class is ready
- Secure a substitute when unable to work assigned class and report changes to the supervisor
- Follow and enforce all policies, rules and regulations while maintaining a friendly and professional attitude
What You Need:
Education / Certifications:
- Minimum required certification can include any of the following: Pilates Method, Peaks Pilates, Balance Body, Stott or Physical Mind combined with Advanced mat
- Has Can-Fit Pro or AFLCA or is working towards completing the certification.
- CPR C (recertified within one year) and Standard First Aid (recertified within 2 years) – required before employment can commence.
- Working towards, or have completed, your post-secondary education in Kinesiology, or a related degree is an asset.
- Must have availability Saturday 10:30 am -11:30 pm Wednesday and Friday
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum of one year experience in instructing Pilates classes
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- High energy level and enjoy working in a fast paced, challenging and changing environment.
- Patient, enthusiastic and motivating.
- Proven track record working independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively with the public in a courteous, efficient and professional manner.