Senior Building Operator
Reports to: Facility Operations Manager
What’s In It for You:
- As a salary employee this position includes eligibility to accrue personal and sick time in addition to participation in Repsol Sport Centre’s RRSP employer matching Program and our flexible benefits package
- Free facility membership plus a variety of free and discounted programs & services for you and your family
- Employee recognition programs
- Professional Development assistance program available to support employee career growth.
- Annual staff events including BBQ’s, Corporate challenge, December holiday party and many more
- Free parking and close to transit with a C-train and bus stop steps away
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for providing day to day operational direction to all operations employees and general contractors under the supervision of the Facility Operations Manager
- Includes providing input to the Facility Operations Manager related to staff performance as a part of the annual performance review process.
- Includes working with Facility Operations Manager to provide input in to the annual goals setting process.
- Assist Facility Operations Manager with department interviews.
- Actively identifies work that needs to be done, assesses the work and delegates as needed and follows up to ensure completion.
- Provide general direction and task assignment to Night Security Attendants
- Assist Facility Operations Manager with weekly walk through to identify issues and repairs required. Formulate plan of action and delegate tasks out as necessary and follow up to ensure completion.
- Assist Facility Operations Manager with review of internal processes and design and implementation of any required changes.
- Primary contact with all contractor staff.
- Assist Facility Operations Manager with attaining and evaluating quotes
- Assist Facility Operations Manager in providing PO’s to general contractors
- Assist in tracking and maintaining invoices under the supervision of the Facility Operations Manager
- Follow up on maintenance requests from internal Repsol Sport Centre staff to ensure completion and to close the loop as necessary
- Responsible for maintaining inventory and ordering parts when needed
- Responsible for the Siemens automation system and training other staff on proper use of system
- Assist Facility Operations Manager with life cycle and capital project planning
- Assist Facility Operations Manager with the preparation of the annual budget
- Responsible for the areas of routine maintenance and building operations, including but not limited to heating, cooling and ventilation systems, electrical, mechanical, plumbing systems, painting, drywall and tile repair
- Responsible for housekeeping of mechanical areas and assigning cleaning tasks to operators
- Act as safety and security personnel when required
- Troubleshoot and take corrective action to prevent equipment or system failures
- Oversee and continue to develop sound positive tenant relationships
- Follow safety guidelines and actively lead in establishing safe work plans
- Any other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager
What You Need:
- A minimum of 4th Class Power Engineer/Operator
- Swimming Pool Operator Certificate is required
- Demonstrated experience with automation systems (specifically Siemens Apogee)and troubleshooting mechanical systems
- The ability to work rotational shifts Monday – Sunday between 6am – 8pm.
- 3 to 5 years of supervisory experience preferred and 5 years of facility operating experience is needed.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively and professional, both written and oral in English; able to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships with tenants, internal staff, contractors, suppliers and the public
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the job including standing for an extended period of time, walking, lifting, grasping and performing repetitive motions, sometimes in confined spaces or small areas