Sport Camp Instructors
Summer Sport Camp Instructors (full time and part time positions from July 4 – September 1, 2017 and be in attendance for staff training Monday, June 26 – Thursday, June 29, 2017.
Full time instructors must be available Monday – Friday throughout all of July and August with the exception of August 7, 2017.
Reports to: School & Sport Camp Coordinator and Sport Services Manager
What’s In It for You
- Free facility membership for you, plus a variety of free and discounted programs & services
- Employee recognition program
- Professional Development assistance program available to support employee career growth.
- Annual staff events including BBQ’s, Corporate challenge, December holiday party and many more
- Free parking and close to transit with a C-train and bus stop steps away
What You’ll Do
- Communicate all pertinent information (program changes, child behavior concerns, accidents and injuries) to the parents and/or guardians of the participant in a positive and professional manner.
- Communicate and collaborate with co-workers to provide an engaging and well- organized program.
- Provide constructive feedback and recommendations to the School & Sport Camp Coordinator to assist with improvement of camps.
- Be a positive role model for participants.
- Supervise participants throughout all parts of the program including during lunch to ensure their safety.
- Be an active participant in the pools during swim time while ensuring the safety of participants (Sport Camp Instructors MUST swim throughout pool sessions).
- Ensure that camp participants are disciplined in a positive, proactive and appropriate manner which does not hinder safety or self-esteem in any way.
- Respond to emergency situations utilizing training and Repsol Sport Centre Policies and Procedures.
- Carry first aid kit at all times.
- Carry a camp radio at all times.
Organizing and Planning
- Plan physical literacy-enriched sessions for participants including sport activities, cooperative games, teambuilding and wide games.
- Follow daily camp schedule, using replacement activities of equal value where necessary.
- Set up and take down of equipment.
- Fill out accident/ incident reports when required and follow up as needed.
- Be aware of any medical conditions within camp groups by reading through the medical packages distributed.
- Respect and maintain equipment and supplies, and encourage camp participants to do the same.
- Attend Spring Camp Staff Training Monday, June 26- Thursday, June 29, 2017.
- Attend in-services, meetings and training as required.
What You Need
- Working towards or have completed your degree in Education, Human Kinetics, Kinesiology, Physical Education, Sport Administration or a related field.
- CPR C (recertified within one year) and Standard First Aid (recertified within 2 years) – required before employment can commence.
- One year of experience working with children.
- NCCP coaching certification is an asset.
- HIGH FIVE® Training is an asset.
- Previous coaching, camp counseling or teaching experience is an asset.
- High energy level with excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to work in a fast pace environment.
- Proven track record working independently and in a team environment.
- Must be comfortable swimming daily in deep water without a PFD.