- As a Swim Instructor your goal will be to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for our customers using our aquatic facilities through prevention, response and providing outstanding customer centric service and teaching skills.
- The primary hours for this role are Mondays and Wednesdays between 12-9pm, Tuesdays and Thursdays between 4-9pm and Saturdays and Sundays between 9am-4:30pm.
- MANDATORY I Can Swim Instructor training is taking place Saturday Apr 1st 9-5pm and Spring In-services run Sunday Apr 2nd 10-5pm OR Monday Apr 3rd from 4:30-10:30pm.
Reports to: Aquatic Programming Manager & Lesson Supervisor
What You'll Do
- Maintain current certifications
- Present a professional appearance and attitude at all times
- Maintain a high standard of customer engagement
- Attend and participate in all scheduled in-services
- Attend and participate in professional development opportunities
- Prepare and maintain appropriate activity reports and administration
- Handle or refer programs and situations as they arise in the facility
- Maintain a level of fitness necessary to fulfill the practical elements of instructing
- Develop and integrate new, unique and innovative ideas, teaching methods and games through the use of internal and external resources
- Teach the I Can Swim and other Repsol Sport Centre Aquatic programs in a safe and effective manner.
- Assist in planning, and instructing Aquatic Program special event days.
- Responsible for keeping participants together and prepared to evacuate in case of a medical emergency.
- Submit availability quarterly by the designated deadline
- Instruct lessons a minimum of two three hour shifts per week.
- Complete Aquatic Teacher Training Program (Teacher Essentials) before first teaching shift
- Work closely with the Aquatic Program Manager/Lesson Supervisors with development of Aquatic Programs short term and long term.
Clause: To maintain your continued employment with Repsol Sport Centre you must uphold the minimum teaching hour requirements (2 x 3hr shifts/week) for your first year of employment. Instances where individuals do not meet the established criteria will be reviewed on a case by case basis and action will be taken accordingly.
What You Need
- CPR- C
- National Lifeguard
- At least one of the following Swim Instructor Certifications: Water Safety Instructor, Lifesaving or Swim for Life Instructor, I Can Swim, NCCP Level 1 or YMCA instructor certification.