Active Living Programs will be back Fall 2021!
With the expert guidance of our team of creative Early Childhood Education Specialists your preschooler will learn through hands-on activities in all areas of our spacious facility – gym, pool, park and classroom. While your child is getting active in our Active Living Program you could be enjoying all the benefits of Repsol Sport Centre! Check out our Membership options.
- Choose the day you would like your child to attend. Register for one day or as many as five. It’s up to you and based on your needs.
- Instructors all have SFA/CPR C, Police Check with Vulnerable Sector, and ECE Child Development Assistant where applicable. As a best practice we encourage all staff to obtain their child Development Assistant. All Instructors have a good understanding on the importance of sport and physical literacy in the development of children.
- Parents must sign the online waiver found on the Online Program Registration Page prior to the first day
- No Drop-ins permitted
- No late entry
- Parents must complete a screening document each day upon arrival
- Parents must check child's temperature, prior to coming to the facility. Note: instructors can also check if you forget
- For reference, normal temperatures are:
- Mouth: 35.5-37.5°C (95.9-99.5°F)
- Underarm: 36.5-37.5°C (97.7-99.5°F)
- Forehead: 36.6-38.0°C (97.9-100.4°F)
- Ear (not recommended in children under 2 years): 35.8-38.0°C (96.4-100.4°F)
- If a child becomes sick while in care, the child must be isolated and parents called to pick up the child immediately
- If any child tests postitive for COVID-19 we must shut down for 72 hours and do a deep clean
- Please ensure you have reviewed our Respsol Sport Centre Playbook to understand all of our safety protocols
- Masks must be worn during drop-off and pick-up as well as social distancing guidelines adhered to at all times - further information to be sent in welcome email
New Program Description Updates for Spring 2021
If the program is full please add your name to the waitlist on the Online Program Registration Portal as we may add additional classes if there is enough interest.
Location: Gym 4, note: Monday and Wednesday have an outside component.
Ages: 2-5 years
Member Price: $45.90
Non-Member Price: $53.10
Mondays // Active Animals Outside
Let's take the skills we learned in the indoor Active Animals outside while exploring Lindsay Park! While we are exploring we are going to work on running a 1km loop! We will be providing a tracking document so you can walk/run as a family while building up your child's endurance for the final 1 km to be held the last Monday of the program weather permitting. If weather is not suitable class will be relocated to Gym 4.
Tuesdays // Kidz Move
Children will be working on hand eye coordination, along with movement to music. These activities will include listening to beats, stopping and starting on command, along with some relaxation stretches to end the session.
Wednesdays // Variety Day Outside
Let's get outside and work on all our movement skills while enjoying some fresh air!! We will utilize hoops, balls and the parachute while developing an appreciation for the outdoors! If weather is not suitable class will be relocated to Gym 4.
Thursdays // Active Animals
Active Animals Indoor will see children learning movement fundamentals which includes running, hopping, and jumping along with some balance poses. These skills will be taught through games and individual skill building activities.
Friday // Variety Day
This will be a combo of all sports, possibly a craft and children’s choice. We will ask the children what they like and try to incorporate each child’s idea throughout the program. The focus again will be on the LTAD model as well as fun games to encourage sport growth.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Group Fitness & Programs Manager