Booking an Event
EVENT APPLICATION NOW CLOSED!
All event requests are to be submitted via an online application form between April 1st – 30th annually. The application review period will occur during the month of May and approval of events will be communicated to the applicants by June 1st.
As Repsol Sport Centre receives more than 100 event requests annually, we are unable to guarantee approval of event applications or confirm any events prior to June 1st. We recommend only beginning event preparations once you have received official confirmation of your event with us.
We ask that any and all event applications are submitted during the April application timeframe, as we will not be accepting late event requests once the application period closes. This includes but is not limited to: competitions, invitational events, workshops, clinics and developmental events, individual water polo games, tournaments, parent showcases, and more.
Events are considered anything beyond a typical training booking where set-up, spectators, participant numbers, equipment needs, etc., are impacted. Should there be an unforeseen emergency where a late notice event venue is required, please contact the Competition and Event Coordinator to discuss the circumstances of your request and needs.
We look forward to the opportunity to host your event!
Located within the Repsol Sport Centre, you will find:
- Good Earth at: 403-262-5241
- Jugo Juice at: 403-206-1559
Repsol Sport Centre is pleased to exclusively partner with Pepsi Co.
You are welcome to choose an external caterer of your choice. If you would like additional suggestions of frequently used caterers, please contact the Competition and Event Coordinator.
Repsol Sport Centre must approve any requests to serve alcohol at an event. If your request is approved and you plan to serve alcohol at your event, you will require a Liquor License, in your own name, which must be posted, with receipts, in your event area as well as providing a copy to the Competition and Event Coordinator.
Repsol Sport Centre reserves the right to update catering/hospitality policies, requirements, etc. at any time.
Creating a safe environment is Repsol Sport Centre’s number one value. It is beyond compromise and we are responsible to ensure everyone is protected. In order for Repsol Sport Centre to uphold this value we must rely on the support of our Sport Partners and event organizers. We ask that during any and all Emergencies you cooperate fully with our staff and comply with Repsol Sport Centre Policies and Procedures.
Repsol Sport Centre hosts an emergency procedures meeting for sport partners annually in the fall. As an event organizer, you are invited to join this meeting to familiarize yourself with our emergency policies and procedures. This is not mandatory, however it is strongly recommended for groups hosting several events with Repsol Sport Centre annually. Please contact the Competition and Event Coordinator for details.
NOTE: Capacity is contingent on room set up.
If your event is nationally or internationally sanctioned, you may be eligible to receive a 25% discount off your booking contract (excluding third party billing). This discount will not be added automatically. If you feel you are eligible for the discount, please contact the Competition & Event Coordinator.
All events fall within one of our pricing packages, based on the level of competition, set up and equipment needs as well as staffing requirements. Details from the event application are gathered to determine each event’s package. The package will be included in the event booking contract. When reviewing the event agreement the event host will have the opportunity to select a different package (based on the event needs), or select items from the A La Carte options. All events will be charged their event package rate daily.
Any items requested for the event, which are not listed in the event packages below, will be charged A La Carte. Please note that A la Carte fees may not be included in the estimated event quote and will be charged on the event host’s final invoice.
The pricing of the packages outlined below were determined based on an average that was charged in previous years.
Booking a Water Polo Event
We are pleased to welcome your event vendors to the Repsol Sport Centre. Please note that Repsol Sport Centre requires the contact name, phone number and email address of your vendor(s) no less than 14 days prior to your event start date. Vendors will be contacted by the Competition and Event Coordinator, to ensure they complete a Vendor Agreement Form, understand and accept the vendor fee, and to make set up and storage arrangements.
Host clubs/organizations who wish to sell their own club items during their event, are not subject to a vendor fee. External vendors are subject to a vendor fee, which is detailed in the Vendor Agreement.
Vendors may not sell products which are deemed to be in competition with Repsol Sport Centre exclusive providers (E.g. Pepsi Co., etc.). If you have any questions about your vendor/products, please contact the Competition and Event Coordinator to confirm.
Digital Display, Scoreboard & Website
Repsol Sport Centre is pleased to feature your upcoming special event on our Macleod Trail Digital Display Board. Please ensure you provide the correct event name to the Competition and Event Coordinator no less than 14 days prior to your event start date.
Repsol Sport Centre promotes all upcoming events on our website (www.repsolsportcentre.com). The event description provided is what will be posted online, therefore we strongly encourage event hosts to provide a detailed event description when requested.
Event hosts receive complimentary use of the Competition Pool digital display scoreboard during their bookings for promotional purposes. They may post a maximum of 5 slides and content may include information about the event for opening and closing activities, team and/or athlete photos and statistics, and Sport Partner, sponsor logos. Please submit content at minimum 21 days in advance of the event or competition start date.
- Repsol Sport Centre is guaranteed up to 8 slides for its communication strategies at all times.
- Content submitted is programmed to scroll slides for 5 seconds each and proceed in a continuous loop.
- Promotional artwork must be supplied in a camera-ready format (JPG PLEASE): 2000px wide x 1125px high at 72dpi. A word document is not camera ready. If the artwork supplied is not in the correct format, at your request, marketing can re-work and provide production support and design elements. A standard administrative fee of $15/hr. will be charged for additional design work requested, and may be more depending on the request.
- Audio is not currently available.
- Repsol Sport Centre is not liable for event Hosts use of images, content rights or releases.
- Event sponsors in conflict or competition with Repsol Sport Centre’s current services, partnerships and sponsorships are not permitted to be promoted within our building. This includes commercial advertisements, logos, images, hyperlinks or endorsements in the form of marketing materials, handouts, banners, websites, social media and digital signage. Key exclusivity agreements include: Good Earth – coffee, Jugo Juice – juice smoothies and Pepsi products.
We are pleased to welcome your event photographers to the Repsol Sport Centre. Please note that all photographers are required to complete and submit a Media Release Form prior to the event.
Repsol Sport Centre is proud to be your event venue and may look to feature details of your event in our Annual Report. We would be pleased if you wish to share any photographs of your event with us, for this purpose.
Please note that drones are not permitted to be used anywhere within Repsol Sport Centre.
Access into the facility is permitted 30 minutes prior to the start time of your event; provided the 30 minutes does not fall outside our facility hours (see below). Please note that access will not be granted outside of our facility operating hours. Events not completed by end of day, will not be permitted to continue beyond operating hours.
Repsol Sport Centre Operating Hours:
Monday to Friday: 5:00am-11:00pm
Statutory Holidays: 7:00am-8:00pm
Access for Competition and Event groups must be done through the Competition Gate, unless alternate arrangements have been confirmed with the Competition and Event Coordinator.
Aquatic events may request to gain pool deck access using the Dive Tank Gate. This must be requested more than 2 weeks prior to the event. For this gate to be left unlock there must be a minimum of one volunteer at the gate at all times and they must be over the age of 18.
For more details on facility access, please refer to the Competition Gate Volunteer Eligibility & Guidelines.
Competition Gate Volunteer Eligibility & Guidelines
- Access for Competition and Event groups must be done through the Competition Gate (also known as the back gate).
- An event group includes all staff, coaches, officials, parents, volunteers, athletes and spectators.
- Upon booking an event, Repsol Sport Centre requires that the user group provide a volunteer to manage the Competition Gate. All volunteers must be at least 18 years of age and must read and comply with all the policies and procedures outlined below.
- The volunteer is required to arrive at the Customer Service desk 45 minutes prior to the event booking, to become familiar with how to operate the gate. Participants are allowed access to the facility 30 minutes prior to the event.
- User groups may have more than one volunteer throughout their event, however there must be a minimum of one volunteer (and a maximum of 2) at the gate at all times for the duration of the event.
- If requested, the event has the option of distributing event access barcode to scan at the Competition Gate. Regardless of the barcodes, a gate volunteer must be present for the duration of the event.
- At no time should any event items be stored behind the Competition Gate.
- For volunteers beginning their shift at the start of the event day, or at the mid-day start of the event (after a break has occurred), you are required to arrive no later than 45 minutes prior to the event start time.
- For volunteers joining the event in-progress, you are required to arrive no later than 15 minutes prior to your shift start time.
- Upon your arrival, you should receive training on the Competition Gate operations and Repsol Sport Centre access policies. If you are the first volunteer of the day, or the first after a break, a Customer Service Department (CSD) Representative will provide this training to you. If you are taking over the volunteer role from another volunteer, the current volunteer should provide you with the training prior to the completion of their shift.
- There must be a volunteer at the Competition Gate for the full duration of the event times. Please do not leave the Competition Gate unattended while the event is in progress. Should you need to step away for a short break (up to 5 minutes, use the washroom/get a coffee), please ask the CSD team prior to leaving. If you need to step away for a break longer than 5 minutes, please ensure another volunteer can cover the competition gate in your absence. If your shift has concluded, no volunteer has arrived to relieve you, and the event has not yet ended for the day, please check with your event meet manager and/or ask a CSD team member to contact the Competition & Event Coordinator or Duty Manager.
Repsol Sport Centre Activity Level Access Policies
- Event groups are permitted access into the activity level 30 minutes prior to their event start time or event mid-day start time (providing the 30 minutes is within Repsol Sport Centre’s operating hours). This includes groups wishing to have team meetings, warm-up, etc., and is inclusive of all athletes, coaches, officials, volunteers etc. Early entrance is not permitted. Prior to this time, Repsol Sport Centre staff are working to complete the event set-up, host other user groups and/or staff may not yet be in place to receive a large number of guests in the event space unexpectedly. This is for safety and success of all user groups functions and must be strictly adhered to.
- To ensure the utmost safety during aquatic events, parents/spectators are not permitted to be on the pool deck. Parents/spectators are welcome to watch the event from the concourse level bleachers.
- For dryland events, arrangements for whether spectators are permitted into the activity level will have been made between the Competition & Event Coordinator and Event Host. If you are advised by Repsol Sport Centre, that spectators are permitted, each spectator must receive a “Spectator Stamp” on the top of their hand prior to gaining access. There should be a stamp and ink pad in the top drawer next to the Competition Gate. If you cannot find it, a CSD team member can provide you with the stamp and ink pad. Entry will only be permitted up to 15 minutes prior to practice and game times. Repsol Sport Centre staff will be vigilant about checking spectator stamps and any misconduct from spectators using the facility.
- If you have any difficult interactions with event or non-event people, please inform a CSD team member immediately for assistance. The Team Members will radio for the DM or the Competition & Event Coordinator right away, if they are not able to step in themselves.
- Guests with concerns regarding these policies should be directed to the Competition & Event Coordinator or Duty Manager.
Concluding your shift/the event day
- Please ensure that the volunteer relieving you has been trained on the competition gate operations. Should they require additional assistance, please direct them to a CSD representative.
- Please ensure that all event items/personal items, and any garbage/recycling are removed from the competition gate area.
- Please return any borrow supplies (e.g. spectator stamp, pens) to a CSD representative.
If the event host requires facility access outside of the booking contract schedule, please arrange these details with the Competition and Event Coordinator a minimum of 2 week prior. This includes items such as event deliveries, set up and storage options.
User groups, who arrive outside of the event booking contract times without approval, will not be granted access to the event spaces. Please ensure that all individuals/volunteers assisting with your event are aware of this policy.
The emergency exits within the facility are for emergency purposes only. Should your event have a requirement to move large items in to or out of an activity space, access through an emergency exit must be prearranged through the Competition and Event Coordinator. User groups are not permitted to use the emergency exit to enter or exit an activity space.
User groups wishing to invite ancillary providers, such as massage therapists, are required to inform the Competition and Event Coordinator of their intentions and provide contact information for such providers a minimum of 14 days prior to the event start date. Location of provider set up/services will be determined by Repsol Sport Centre.
In accordance with our Code of Conduct Policy, under no circumstance will disruptive behavior be tolerated at Repsol Sport Centre. This includes all areas on our premise, facility and in our parking lot. Disruptive behavior may include but is not limited to: rudeness, loud, vulgar and abusive language, physical abuse, and blatant disregard of Repsol Sport Centre policies. Repsol Sport Centre employees will follow our procedures which may include banning a disruptive individual for the rest of the day or up to a lifetime ban based on the severity of the conduct.
As we collaborate with you to host your special event, our team will strive to make your experience world class. As the event organizer, we ask for your support in respecting our facility, employees and other customers. Should any serious situations arise, we will bring them to your attention and we ask for your support in resolving them. It is understood that user groups who rent Repsol Sport Centre facilities must take PRIMARY responsibility for the behavior of those associated with them including their staff, coaches, parents, volunteers, officials, athletes and spectators. We appreciate your support in reminding your event group about our Code of Conduct Policy and their role in creating a safe, professional and positive atmosphere.
There will be a penalty charged for any event group that violates any of the points below:
- Repsol Sport Centre has the right to charge an event host a $100.00 maintenance fee (per day) if applicable. Below is an example of when a fee may be charged :
- By encroaching on space prior to the start of the booking time. This includes warming up in the area. Warm up time should be accounted for in the time booked by the event group.
- By delaying a subsequent booking by not finishing their booking on time.
- By leaving any booked space in an unclean condition or not putting equipment away.
- By using or encroaches on a space not booked for their use (E.g. designated public spaces or spaces booked out by other user groups).
- If there is damage to equipment, not utilizing provided garbage bins or leaving behind event supplies.
- If your event requires any last minute accommodations not previously requested by the deadline.
- If an event host is unable to supply a Competition Gate Volunteer then Repsol Sport Centre will charge a staffing fee of $20.00 per hour for the duration of the event. This fee will begin a half hour before rental time if no Volunteer is present.
- Any additional charges will be levied after the event with notification from the Repsol Sport Centre.
Repsol Sport Centre will ensure user groups are provided with any updates to the code of conduct/zero tolerance policy.
Parking is limited at the facility. We ask guests to give themselves plenty of time to arrive at the facility and to use caution and safe driving practices at all times. We encourage carpooling and public transit as much as possible.
Events that are typically hosted between September-June with an anticipated number of 300+ attendees will be required to utilize Repsol Sport Centre’s overflow event parking located at the Indigo lot. The fee for this is $5 per car/day. This will be added to the event invoice.
When our Event Overflow Parking is in effect, a parking pass for the Indigo lot is required and will be distributed by one of the parking attendants upon entry to the parking lot as well as available at the Customer Service Desk.
Buses are permitted to drop off and pick up only. There is no Bus/RV Parking permitted in our facility parking lot, these vehicles will be given directions to our overflow bus parking lot upon arrival. There is a pay station available in the designated overflow bus parking lot. Repsol Sport Centre is not responsible for costs/payment of bus/RV parking.
Cars parked inappropriately (taking up multiple spaces, blocking other vehicles etc.) or illegally (in fire lanes, handicapped stalls without permit, not parked in designated stalls or parked in no parking areas, etc.), will be subject to ticket/tow. The car owner will be solely responsible for the recovery of their vehicle.
Public Transportation: Repsol Sport Centre is located just outside of the Downtown Core between 2 LRT stops, Erlton/Stampede and Victoria Park/Stampede. From these 2 train stations, we are located across Macleod Trail, approximately a 10 minute walk. Repsol Sport Centre also has a bus stop outside of our door, the #10. This bus transports riders between Market Mall and South Centre Mall acting as a major bus route for those travelling North to South.
Please refer to the below map on where Event parking is located:
Request that coaches or an event volunteer monitor the change rooms throughout the duration of their event. This it to ensure participants are following change room etiquette, including no cell phones, family friendly language, keeping the benches clear when not in use etc.
Event user groups are not permitted to use the Repsol Sport Centre hot tub, cold tub or steam room before, during or after the event. Should event groups wish to investigate opportunities for their participants to have access to cold/hot tubs during their event, please connect with the Competition & Event Coordinator at minimum six (6) weeks prior to their event start date.
Event Organizers are to be compliant with the RSC Diving into water policy during the usage of our facility
While on the pool deck all event participants/volunteers must ensure they are wearing appropriate footwear. Indoor shoes or the usage of RSC provided shoe covers must be worn at all times on the pool deck.
Before using the pool, Event Organizers are to ensure all participants are showering with soap and displaying proper hygiene.
Lockers are for members and customers only. All event participants must keep their belongings with them on the activity level. Items left unattended in the locker rooms may be removed and taken to Customer Service for pick up. This is to ensure access to available lockers for our members, other clubs and public, as well as to encourage safe practices so that unattended items are not subject to theft or damage. Repsol Sport Centre is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Health and safety mandates that shoes and shirts must be worn at all times on the main concourse level and in all dryland activity areas.
Only non-marking running shoes are allowed on the gym floors.
Indoor footwear or bare feet only on the pool deck. No outside footwear is permitted on the pool deck without cover booties. Cover booties are available at the entrances onto the pool deck.
Participants only have access to the space booked as outlined in your booking contract.
Athletes/participants are not permitted to change their clothing in the activity areas (pool deck, gymnasiums, etc.); Repsol Sport Centre requires all changing of clothing to take place in the change rooms provided.
Please refrain from leaving personal items on equipment (for example cable lines, diving boards, water polo nets, etc.) or in any space not designated for the events use. This assists us in creating a positive and safe event and training environment for all guests of the facility.
Please do not bring any glassware into the activity areas, including onto the pool deck. All beverages should be in a sealed, plastic, spill proof container.
Event groups/volunteers working in the Timing Tower are not permitted to answer the telephone located there. This is an office phone line for the Sport Services Administrator and incoming calls will be Repsol Sport Centre customers.
Should you require internet access, please bring & use a personal device. Wi-Fi internet is available by accessing ‘Member Internet’. The password is: freetrial. This password may be shared with event participants and spectators. Please note that due to high volumes of users, this internet connection can be very slow. We do also have Shaw Open Wi-Fi available for any Shaw subscribers.
The Event Host is required to sign off on all set up prior to the start of the event (as arranged with the Competition and Event Coordinator). Once the set up has been approved, all changes to the set up will be the responsibility of the Event Hosts. Failure to sign off on the event set up will result in the Event Host forgoing all rights to having the set up altered by Repsol Sport Centre Staff.
The Competition and Event Coordinator will be in contact with you prior to your event start date to review your set-up requirements, provide your event access barcodes, confirm your event contract space/time/estimated event costs and review the Repsol Sport Centre event regulations.
To ensure our best service, Repsol Sport Centre requires all event details (including but not limited to: confirmed attendance numbers, set-up requests, etc.) to be submitted in writing to the Competition and Event Coordinator no less than 14 days prior to the event date.
It is important to please note that set-up and other event needs cannot be accommodated if not requested. Please do not assume we know your event needs because you have hosted with us in the past. Please ensure all needs are communicated to the Competition and Event Coordinator so we can do our best to accommodate.
Any set-up requests provided with less than 14 business days’ notice are not guaranteed and (depending on the request), may be subject to an additional fee.
Storage of event items, and all scheduled deliveries (photocopiers, food and beverage set up, event materials etc.) must be prearranged through the Competition and Event Coordinator. Please note that Repsol Sport Centre will not be held responsible or liable for items lost or stolen. Event materials are required to be labeled with the event title, contact details and tracking information. Repsol Sport Centre may be used as the ‘shipping address’, but not as the ‘billing’ or ‘attention to’ information.
Event groups are to ensure that all spaces used are left in the condition in which they are found. This includes the removal of personal and event items, removal of all event signage, properly disposing of garbage/recycling in designated containers, emptying all fridges and cupboards used etc.
Any special arrangements required to manage event items which groups are unable to remove at the close of the event, must be made with the Competition and Event Coordinator in advance. Failure to leave areas in condition they were found will result in a maintenance fee.
Hanging or displaying items (for example team banners, event information, results, etc.) must be done only with the approval of the Competition and Event Coordinator. The mechanism of hanging/displaying these items must not cause damage to the Repsol Sport Centre facility (e.g., banners displayed using zip ties or non-marking tape, to avoid damaging paint).