Age Restriction Policy
- Adults 16 years of age or older are permitted to attend Group Fitness classes.
- Children 13 to 15 are permitted to attend if they are accompanied by an adult over age 18. (No more than two children per adult supervisor.)
- The child must be within arm's reach of their adult supervisor at all times. Children 13 to 15 must participate in a pre-class orientation, which should be arranged in advance by calling 403.355.1246.
- Children age 12 and under are not permitted in Group Fitness classes.
- Children are not allowed to sit at the edge of the gym during Group Fitness classes.
Group Fitness Access Policy
Policy subject to change. Updated October 2020.
There are two ways to secure your spot in select Group Fitness classes:
- Group Fitness Member Portal Booking – see policy below.
- Group Fitness Drop-in – see policy below.
The Group Fitness Access policies are an integral part of a system put in place to serve the following functions:
- Help monitor the number of participants attending each Group Fitness class
- Guarantee people the opportunity to participate in select Group Fitness classes without having to stand in line.
- Assist Fitness Centre Consultants with the hourly stat counts within the facility.
- Assist the Duty Manager/ Fire Warden in tracking the number of people in the facility during an evacuation or an emergency.
- Ensure there is adequate equipment available for people to participate in the Group Fitness class.
- Assist the Group Fitness Instructor in monitoring the number of participants within each class.
Member Portal Booking Policy
- Participants can book a spot in select classes up to 7 days in advance.
- Online registration closes 90 minutes prior to class start time.
- Participants booking online are not required to pick up a Group Fitness Access Card.
- Participants will be required to verify their name and/or barcode number upon entry to the class.
- Participants must cancel a class booking no less than 91 minutes prior to class start time.
- Participants are to show up at least 5 minutes before the class starts, as empty spots are given to drop-ins.
- First booking NO SHOW is a warning. All further no shows will result in a $10 No Show Fee that must be paid prior to reentering the facility.
NEW Drop-in Policy
There are 2 ways to drop-in:
- Exclusive drop-in spots available in select Group Fitness Classes. Please check SCHEDULE for class availability.
- Drop-in spots are also available for classes that have not reached bookable capacity.
- Drop-in spots are available on a first come first serviced basis.
- Upon arrival, please connect with a Customer Service Representative for availability for each class.
- A Customer Service Representative will sign you up before class.
- Drop-in spots are available to Single Admission Customers as well as Members that may have missed the 90 minute cut off to book through the Online Portal one hour prior to the class.