Child Care Attendant
Reports to: Group Fitness & Programs Manager
What’s In It for You:
- Free facility membership plus a variety of free and discounted programs & services
- Performance based bonus program and an employee recognition program
- After successful completion of probationary term, eligibility for our RRSP employer matching Program and our flexible benefits package
- Professional Development assistance program available to support employee career growth.
- Annual staff events including BBQ’s, Corporate challenge, December holiday party and many more
- Free parking and close to transit with a C-train and bus stop steps away
What You’ll Do:
Customer Service Excellence:
- Care and supervision of children ages 3 months to 9 years
- Initiating communication with parents upon arrival and departure
- Appropriately identify time for hands-on play with children versus assisting parents upon arrival and departure
- Ensure toileting is completed which includes changing diapers as required
- Ensure you are able to open and close a shift (review with Team Leader if needed)
- Assist children in snack routines
- Maintaining a clean and safe work/play environment
- To act as role model for childcare attendants, volunteers and parents
- To regularly attend all staff meetings and in-services
- Provide quality customer service to external and internal customers
- Ensure define work performance competencies and customer service standards are being met
- Ensure team is working towards Best Practices
- Ensure professionalism in appearance and discussions with co-workers, parents and other members of the public
- Ensure concerns are brought forward to Manager of Group Fitness and Programs in a timely, professional manner.
- Complete the parent checklist with all new parents to ensure all information is given
Contributing to Team Success:
- Establish positive working relationships within the team and other departments to ensure a cohesive working environment.
- Attend quarterly in-services and meetings on a regular basis to ensure that you stay up-to-date on information related to Childcare
- Assist with the evaluation of the Childcare policies and procedures to ensure Best Practices are being met and provide Manager with feedback and recommendations.
- Maintain effective communication with other Childcare Attendants and Programs Manager by responding to information in a timely manner.
- Assist other Childcare Attendants by filling in shifts as needed when your schedule allows you to do so.
- Secure a substitute when you are unable fulfill your shift and report changes to the Group Fitness &, Programs Manager by sending an email with the sub covering your shift cc in.
- Ensuring you are checking and responding to Repsol Sport Centre emails on a regular basis.
- Ensure you fill in google calendar and google docs for timesheet and coverage
Trusted Empowerment & Self Leadership:
- Understand and apply all Emergency Procedures related to Childcare and ensure that you communicate the incidences that occur during your shift through the appropriate reporting procedures.
- Familiarize yourself with the policies and procedures outlined for Childcare and ensure that all supporting procedures are practiced on a continuous basis.
- Inform the Group Fitness,& Programs Manager of changes to your availability that impact your ability to fulfill shifts in a timely manner.
- Ensure that your payroll is up-to-date by submitting an online timesheet through Google Docs on a bi-weekly basis, and completing the hard copy located in Google Docs via the shared link.
- Participate in professional development opportunities to expand your knowledge and stay up-to-date with trends in the industry.
- Demonstrate an ability to make informed decisions regarding the children in care and ensure that you follow up with all individuals that are impacted.
- Demonstrate understanding of how the APP is used, and promote within the parents
What You Need:
- Must have a minimum of Level 1 Child Care Staff Certification of the Alberta Child Care Orientation Course
- Alberta Food Safe Basics
- Complimentary certification related to children
- CPR C (recertified within one year) and Standard First Aid (recertified within 2 years)-required before employment can commence.