Reports to: Group Fitness & Programs Manager
What’s In It for You:
- Free facility membership plus a variety of free and discounted programs & services
- Performance based bonus program and an employee recognition program
- After successful completion of probationary term, eligibility for our RRSP employer matching Program and our flexible benefits package
- Professional Development assistance program available to support employee career growth.
- Annual staff events including BBQ’s, Corporate challenge, December holiday party and many more
- Free parking and close to transit with a C-train and bus stop steps away
What You’ll Do:
Customer Service Excellence:
- Assist with the development of the Preschool for Active Living curriculum including principles of the Long Term Athletic Development Model (LTAD)
- Lead and supervise children between the ages of 3 & 4 years through a variety of structured and unstructured activities including circle time, free-play, craft, snack and physical time.
- Assist with the mentorship of the physical, emotional, social, intellectual and spiritual characteristics of the children
- Work collaboratively with other teachers to plan, organize and facilitate themes to integrate into the curriculum for all classes.
- Build positive working relationships with internal & external customers including teachers, support staff, special guests, parents and children.
- Ensure that the Preschool for Active Living environment is a safe & effective place for all children to learn and grow by following all health & safety standards.
- Continue to further your education and training by pursing professional development opportunities related to Early Childhood Education or similar fields of interest.
- Provide ongoing communication to the parents & guardians of children in the Preschool
- Attend all Preschool for Active Living meetings & in-services organized by the Preschool Shift Leader
- Assist with the organization and maintenance of the classroom including the cleaning and maintenance of supplies, toys and equipment.
- Assist with the set-up and take-down of the classroom at the beginning and end of the school year
- Help to promote the PAL program by being involved with events including Registration Days, Meet the Teacher and Year End Celebration
Contributing to Team Success:
- Establish positive working relationships within the team and other departments to ensure a cohesive working environment.
- Attend quarterly in-services and meetings on a regular basis to ensure that you stay up-to-date on information related to Preschool
- Assist with the evaluation of the Preschool policies and procedures to ensure Best Practices are being met and provide Manager with feedback and recommendations.
- Adhere to licensing standards at all times, and be familiar with material in order to answer questions by licensing officer.
- Maintain effective communication with other Preschool Teachers and Programs Manager by responding to information in a timely manner.
- Assist other Preschool Teachers by filling in shifts as needed when your schedule allows you to do so.
- Secure a substitute when you are unable fulfill your shift and report changes to the Group Fitness &, Programs Manager.
- Ensuring you are checking and responding to Repsol Sport Centre emails on a regular basis.
- Ensure you fill in google calendar and google docs for timesheet and coverage
Trusted Empowerment & Self Leadership:
- Understand and apply all Emergency Procedures related to Preschool and Licensing and ensure that you communicate the incidences that occur during your shift through the appropriate reporting procedures.
- Familiarize yourself with the policies and procedures outlined for Preschool both in regards to program plan and Repsol and ensure that all supporting procedures are practiced on a continuous basis.
- Inform the Group Fitness,& Programs Manager of changes to your availability that impact your ability to fulfill shifts in a timely manner.
- Ensure that your payroll is up-to-date by submitting an online timesheet through Google Docs on a bi-weekly basis, and completing the hard copy located in Google Docs via the shared link.
- Participate in professional development opportunities to expand your knowledge and stay up-to-date with trends in the industry.
- Demonstrate an ability to make informed decisions regarding the children in care and ensure that you follow up with all individuals that are impacted.
- Demonstrate understanding of how childcare operates, and promote to parents.
What You Need:
- Must have a minimum of Level 1 Child Care Staff Certification of the Alberta Child Care Orientation Course
- Alberta Food Safe Basics
- Complimentary certification related to children
- CPR C (recertified within one year) and Standard First Aid (recertified within 2 years)-required before employment can commence.