Dissolving our APP and Loyalty Program
We announced in early January that we were deep in plans to build a new digital platform this year, and that our small but mighty APP was close to retirement. Well, COVID created some unexpected twists to our plans – and we had to forgo the investment in another platform at this time. Further, the AHS recreation guidelines strongly recommend that to reopen safely, the majority of our spaces and activities have to offer an advanced booking system to meet contact tracing, physical distancing, and staggered entry requirements. As such, to expedite reopening, we are using the current booking system available in our Member Portal, and we are dissolving the APP and loyalty program.
APP & Loyalty Program Dissolve – What does this mean?
The RSC APP can no longer be downloaded on Apple itunes or Google Play stores. Members should refrain from using it and delete it from their phones. It’s time to say goodbye ol’ friend.
Current APP & Loyalty Members can immediately transition to using the Member Portal –with their same passwords and email already set up in the APP.
- Reward Points can no longer be earned
- All Reward Points earned to date have been automatically frozen, and we have a master list of reward points per member as of March 16, 2020.
- We will offer a redemption period between September and December of 2020. More information will be released in September.
- Reward Points accumulated will not expire after 4 months of inactivity as per our original terms, as we have waived this until Dec.15, 2020.
Our Member portal has expanded to enable you to book more activity spaces. For those of you that have used the app or portal booking system previously, nothing has changed, you can simply log in on the Member Portal as you normally would and book your spot. The portal is mobile friendly, and functions very similarly to our App, but is built on a far superior web structure that is more reliable and quick. Online Member Portal bookings are available ONLY to Annual Members and Limited Members (10 Card, 12 Days of Fitness Pass, 30 Day Cards)
Members can book the following 7 days in advance (on the hour) to help you plan your workouts for the week:
For example: If you want to book Outdoor Yoga for 6pm Thursday, you can book starting at 6pm the previous Thursday.
- Group Fitness classes
- Basketball nets
- Badminton courts
- Individual swim lanes
Member Portal Booking Policy
The Online Member Portal bookings are available ONLY to Annual Members and Limited Members (10 Card, 12 Days of Fitness Pass, 30 Day Cards).
Pass types that DO NOT have online booking access are: RSC staff, program registrants, facility tenants and their staff, carded athletes, VIP passes, Courtesy passes and Fee Assistance pass holders.
NOTE: We are currently investigating system permissions to include Fee Assistance Pass holders – we will post when we know more.
- Participants can book a spot in select classes up to 7 days in advance (on the hour).
- Online registration closes 90 minutes prior to class start time.
- Participants will be required to verify their name and/or barcode number upon entry to the class.
- Participants must cancel a class booking no less than 90 minutes prior to class start time.
- As we have limited space available due to physical distancing, no shows will not be accepted.
- Child Care bookings are currently not available for July. More information will be released as we determine the reopening date of child care.
- Sport & Commercial bookings are not available.
How can I book a group fitness class, court or pool lane if I don’t have a Membership?
- If you have a Drop in or valid Courtesy Pass (facility access starting July 20 - date subject to change)
- If you have a valid VIP pass (facility access starting July 13)
- If you have a valid Fee Assistance pass (facility access starting July 6)
- You must check in at the Customer Service desk to inquire if any spots are available up to 90 minutes prior to the class/booking time. If there are spots available, Customer Service will book you into it at that time. Otherwise, you can use our fitness centre, weight and cardio area on a first come first served basis based on capacity limits.
How to Book for the first time
If you do not currently have access and are an existing Member here’s how to access the Member Portal:
- Go to repsolsportcentre.com
- Click the “Member Portal” icon on the top right corner of the webpage
- Click Join now
- Fill in your barcode and postal code (type in all caps with a space after 3 digits: T3K 4C5) then press register
- You now have access to the member Portal. The Member Portal is fully mobile friendly, and works exceptionally well across all smartphone platforms!
See Member Portal Terms & Conditions here.