2018 marks 35 years since the tent first opened its doors for the Western Canada Summer Games on July 30. The facility would go on to officially open in September to provide training and competition facilities for the development of high performance athletes and the fitness and wellness needs of the citizens of Calgary.
The tent has become an iconic structure in Calgary and though the name may have changed a couple of times, the mission remains the same. Passionate about sport – and people.
Join us to celebrate with some exciting activities throughout 2018. Check back often for new additions.
Take advantage of our 1983 admission rates on select days throughout the year!
- Adult: $4.50
- Senior: $2.25
- Youth: $3.25
- Child: $1.00
- Family: $10.00
- Youth Week: April 29th – May 5th (Child & Youth admissions only)
- Seniors Week: June 3rd – 9th (65+ Senior admissions only)
- Floatables: June 17th, August 5th
- July 12th: Stampede Breakfast
- July 30th: In 1983, this marked the day Lindsay Park Sports Centre opened to host the Western Canada Summer Games
- September: Every Friday in September when you show the PlayCity APP on your phone.
- September 15th: In 1983, this marks the day the facility first opened its doors to the public
- October 1st: Seniors Day (65+ Senior admissions only)
- October 7th: FLOATABLES
- November 3rd: #LoveYYC Day
- December: Badminton from 8pm to 10pm every Friday in December when you show the PlayCity APP on your phone.
- December 30th: FLOATABLES