SUNDAY, MARCH 1, 2020
This 2nd Annual Triathlon Together event is a short distance triathlon race presented by 4 time Olympian Simon Whitfield and 3433 Sport Performance Centre. In the lead up to the 2020 WTS Grand Final Triathlon Together, we want to get the community involved in physical activity through exposure to three activities in one event, in a fun and engaging way. This event is open to participants of all abilities to come and enjoy the moment with their friends and family. Moving away from the traditional approach of triathlon being a solo sport, this event brings people together, to share the experience, and to create opportunities to meet and forge new relationships, together.
This is an event for people to take part or race and/or, for those experienced triathletes, mentor newcomers to the sport. A perfect opportunity for you to invite a friend or to take part with your kids. There is no specialized equipment required, just a swim suit and goggles, a t-shirt and a pair of trainers! We are getting back to the roots of our sport.
This short race is perfect for anyone:
150m swim Together, 3 km bike together, 1 km run together, Finish together!
Individual - $31
Duo - $36
Squad - $41
TRIATHLON TOGETHER EVENT DETAILS
This is not a relay event, rather an event where you take part or race together.
- Start time: 8:00am
- Sign up as a single and we will pair you with another single or a duo
- With pool swims – duos/squads will get their own lane
- Duos and Squads will get their own lane to themselves. We will avoid the usual melee of a standard pool triathlon
- Duos/squads will exit the pool together
- They will move to bikes together
- They will start the bike together on stationary or moving bikes
- They will finish the bike together
- They will go to Track together and start the run together
- They will run together
- They will cross the finish line together
- Duos/Squads may elect to do the event two, three or more times depending on their availability, and at the race director’s discretion